Bonnet Island Estate Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I have an after hours party in the estate?
- An after-hours party in The Great Room can be arranged by your Sales Manager. All Noise Ordinances must be adhered to.
- What are the closest airports to Bonnet Island Estate?
- Atlantic City International Airport: (609) 645-7895 – approximately 45-minute drive
- Philadelphia International Airport: (215) 937-6937 – approximately 1 ½ hours’ drive
- Newark Liberty International Airport: (973) 961-6600 – approximately 1 ½ hours’ drive
- What is the capacity in the ballroom?
- The ballroom holds up to 250 guests.
- What style are the ballroom chairs?
- Bonnet Island Estate has gold Chivalri chairs with white cushions.
- What types of tables are in the ballroom?
- The tables are ovals and seat up to 12 guests. The dimensions are 36″ x 96″.
- What is the capacity of the boathouse?
- The first floor of the Boathouse seats 140 guests and the balcony seats 30 guests. There is also additional seating outside under our awning, which can be enclosed for comfort.
- What types of candles are permitted at the Bonnet Island Estate?
- All candles must be smokeless and drip less. All candles must be contained, no tapers or freestanding candles. All local fire code laws must be adhered to.
- Can a Continental breakfast be arranged the morning after the wedding?
- You are welcome to have a continental breakfast brought in for your overnight guests.
- Can I arrange an off-site Brunch the day after the wedding?
- We recommend reaching out to the Mainland to arrange.
- Can I have a ceremony rehearsal in the Boathouse Chapel?
- Ceremony rehearsals in The Boathouse Chapel can be arranged. Please call Bonnet Island Estate to schedule.
- What time is Check in?
- Check In is at 2:00 PM the day of the wedding
- What time is Check out?
- Check Out is at 11:00 AM the day after the wedding
- How do I obtain specific measurements of Bonnet Island Estate?
- We are happy to provide the commonly requested measurements at Bonnet Island Estate. Please ask a Bonnet Island Estate representative for details.
- Can we drop off items before the wedding?
- You are welcome to drop off items the week of your wedding. Drop offs can be arranged Thursday from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Please call Bonnet Island Estate to schedule your drop off.
- Can we have fireworks at Bonnet Island Estate?
- Fireworks are strictly prohibited at Bonnet Island Estate.
- Does Bonnet Island Estate have handicap accessibility?
- Bonnet Island Estate has an elevator for your overnight guest’s convenience. A ramp is available for the entrance of The Boathouse Chapel; please notify Bonnet Island Estate in advance if this is required. There is also a ramp leading into to the Veranda from the front of the Estate and a ramp outside of the ballroom leading to The Boathouse Chapel. A handicap accessible bathroom is located in the Groom’s Room on the first floor. Suite 10 is handicap accessible and located near the elevator on the third floor.
- Can we rent heaters for the Veranda or the Boathouse?
- Heater Rentals for the Veranda and Boathouse Chapel can be arranged through your Sales Manager.
- How do we obtain our Marriage License?
- For New Jersey residents, your marriage license is obtained in the township you live in.
- For Out of State residents, marriage licenses can be obtained at the Stafford Registrar Office, 609-597-1000 x 8510
- Ask for Vicki to make an appointment. The Bride or Groom must call; no one else may call for them.
- You must bring with you a raised seal Birth Certificate or a current passport. You must bring a witness to the appointment.
- Does Bonnet Island Estate have overnight staff on property?
- Bonnet Island Estate has a Night Manager on duty for your convenience from 9:00 PM to 9:00 AM
- What is Bonnet Island Estate’s noise ordinance?
- There is no playing of live music (i.e. DJs or bands) outside of the reception space after 9:00 p.m. The acoustics and the décor were not designed for live entertainment.
- Is there a refrigerator for guest use at Bonnet Island Estate?
- There is a guest refrigerator located in The Chart Room located on the first floor.
- Are there Safety Deposit Boxes for guest use at Bonnet Island Estate?
- The Bridal Suite and Suite 11 have safety deposit boxes with directions that are located in the wardrobe. Bonnet Island Estate is not responsible for items left behind.
- Can we schedule a Self-Tour to show our family and friends?
- We encourage you to visit Bonnet Island Estate as often as you would like. Please call Bonnet Island Estate to schedule a self-tour.
- What is the smoking policy?
- Bonnet Island Estate is a no smoking facility. There is no smoking in the interior of the premises.
- How can we arrange valet parking?
- Your Sales Manager would be happy to direct you to our valet vendor.
Learn More About Bonnet Island Estate
Tour Bonnet Island Estate
Explore our breathtaking private island estate, featuring panoramic waterfront views for your perfect wedding.
Catering From Merri Makers
Featuring world class cuisine from head chef Jack McCann, International Caterers Association Chef of the Year.
Rates and Booking Information
From single event weddings to luxurious overnight accommodations in our twelve elegantly appointed suites, we have the plan you need.